2013-02-16 at

Demystifying structures

Food, music, art, literature, relationships, companies, products... all fascinating until I figure out how to build them. Then blah.

:(

Only minds remain. And maybe the interfaces between minds and languages.

Evening social aborted. That means more time at home for work readings and personal programming, I guess.

Tea time, bitches. Xoxo #slowDay

Science is not normative. Engineering is what takes science, beyond mere description of past facts.

Surrounded by depressing stupidity. Not that I blame anyone for it. Just a #slowDay.

Need to comfort myself - will attempt to focus on building future minds. Distracting myself with CSS3 as graphical medium. Web development always makes me feel more like a Zen gardener, than a theoretical physicist...

In iOS Safari, to get :hover {CSS} to work when the user touches an element, wrapping that DOM element in a <a href="#ignore" />, makes that element "touchable" #dirtyHack - anyone got a better / simpler way to make this work?

(The solution turned out to be: simply to add an attribute to trigger certain events to the element.)

I'm not sure I understand how the ontouchstart attribute changes things, but I guess it works!)

Trying to figure out how to make LaTeX-Hamlet code look prettier. Hmm. I get the basics of WAI and Hamlet, but to avoid the risk of reinventing the wheel, I'd better dig into Yesod tomorrow. G'night work.

No comments :

Post a Comment