2013-02-16 at

Jailbait

So after the war games, at mamak, the sausages discussed past parties organised by female friends of ours. I remarked that my typical reaction when arriving at one of those is, "... jailbait... jailbait... er... jailbait; ok, is there anything you need? Can I get you some more ice from the store? No? The music's kinda loud. I have work to do. Ok, byee!"

This is facetious, as everyone is pretty much a yuppie there. But the model citizens that our friends are... attract a class of yuppie that can only be called preppy. So the parties feel like people put on prom clothes (I'm being facetious again) and come to talk trivia about careers that they don't have yet. Or about boring mundanities like the role of civil society, their material aspirations, and states of popular art... such as what's showing at the movies, books, and such.

At which point, I apologise for being facetious and admit that I'm merely airing my point of view as a somewhat-hermit, to whom most people appear as plastic.

I wish I was mentally vacant enough to have the slack to enjoy most mundanities. But life is short, and my mind has generally been busier.

Hmm. Getting into extended conversations with certain folk is possibly intellectual gaol.

No comments :

Post a Comment