2013-03-19 at

Haskell on Hell

I renamed the toy web-development framework that I am building, again. From DumbFuck, to Doof, to Hell.

Haskell on Hell: Haskell with fewer questions - it has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Moving on.

Refactoring. Cleaning up the namespace. When a language gives you 4-5 ways of saying the same thing, figuring out how to say it quickest can take a while... -_-

Just discovered the MissingH package.

Did a lot of cleaning (code) today. Bed time. Meeting in the morning.

Screwed up. Was late.

Back to cleaning code.

Revision: "let... in..." is an expression; "... where ..." is just an extension of a declaration. I need to review expression vs. declaration style definitions more.

Here's another confusing part: parentheses in Haskell have a least three contexts: (i) syntactical grouping of expressions, (ii) semantic notation of a section (a partially augmented function), and (iii) notation of tuples. This is to my noobish eye. It's probably less than that, since some of these contexts are probably related under the hood, in the semantics of the AST. Or just in the user level of the language, whilst I fail to grasp it.

2013-03-21: Starting to feel a bit more relaxed, after a few days of refactoring code. Still a long way to go, but at least it's prettier now. Many tricks unturned.

I think it's time to learn how to use GitHub again. There we go.

2013-03-23: Working on the passage of data from Controllers to Views. Enough headache, that the job is not enjoyable. To distract myself, trivially, I think about how much effort the product will save me in the future. If ever.

Learnt how to Tweet GitHub commits. Gratuitous, but that's life on the Internet.

Taking a gander at ThreadScope and related subjects.

Er.. profiling a Haskell web application, with ThreadScope, in case you lack excitement in your life.

2013-03-26: Hammered in a broad data structure to document all activity between Request and Response. Time for a break, and a work out.

2013-04-02: Tried home-brewing a nested polymorphic key-value map, and figured I might as well go with BSON instead. So I guess that takes me back to MongoDB, the first (and to-date, only) database that I have studied in Haskell.

No comments :

Post a Comment