2013-04-23 at

Meat, metal, moneh, etc.

Awakened by hunger. Washed. Optimising my route for the day.

"Noooo! Don't buy companies to fill business gaps! You need meat first!! People you can retain," is what I said to my friend, who asked about buying a software company to fulfill his company's enterprise IT infrastructure.

Love is a hacking cough, on a cement floor, in the rain.

Rainy day at the cafe. Meditative hour before the next meeting. Clicks and clits. That's geek life, I guess.

Traffic and coffee. And raindrops in the air.

To do unlikely things with doubtful tech, you run a tech startup; to do unlikely things with doubtful meat, you run any startup.

"You can't retain people in the long-term by paying them more - you have to get them to love you," is what I told my client at our first meeting today, with an emerging member of the local scene.

I still find it cute that many spend their lives pursuing difference. I don't have a choice about being different, and regularly flee it.

Which puts me in the strange position of working for a third-wave coffee operation... via the motivation of wanting to be more ordinary.

“How dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge and how much happier that man is who believes his native town to be the world, than he who aspires to be greater than his nature will allow.”

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is full of great quotes for software developers.

Also find it cute when ageists associate priorities with age groups. I've been complaining about juvenile peers since I was 15.

Pleb humour cracks me up... so long as I'm not trying to hear myself think... but if I am, I guess it's annoying.

Done with some majorly gunky refactoring. Heading home, to break, then back to coding.

Ah musicians - I haven't listened to people who can discuss theory in years, perhaps. Maybe need to get out more.

Dear cafe owners with loyalty apps using QR codes.. you do realise that I can photograph the QR code and reuse it infinitely thereafter?

I find that pretending to be an introvert is a great way to hide the fact that I'm bored.

Running around with a measuring tape. This is so much more stimulating than desk jobs :P but contracts later. :(

Module structure officially refactored to the point where even I don't understand it. Hopefully, in good time. Meanwhile, good night.

No comments :

Post a Comment