2013-05-27 at

Weekly

Monday

Given the volume of inexplicable phenomena that I witness on a momentary basis, I find it odd that folks find wonder amazing.

For a few days, regained my risk appetite, and now I've lost it again. Right asset class, wrong stock (for my portfolio).

#1 gripe. People who can't teach. Oh gawd, no... you can't escape this breed...

It may be the case that I don't mind the taste of Robusta, since I don't mind the taste of rubber :-S. I drank Lavazza today. Cursory research indicates that their blend may consist of up to 30% Robusta... bearing in mind that I've probably gotten used to the smell of burnt rubbery things since growing up in KL exhaust. I mean, I used to go jogging in KL city (at night, mostly). Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf by the way, tastes like burnt meat.

Why do male humans live shorter lives than female humans on average?
A friend quipped:

males not required after fertilising females :P
Wrong species to be specific, but at the molecular level, the endocrinal differentiation probably is, indeed to blame; homo sapiens sexual differentiation influences everything from anti-oxidant levels to risk aversion...

Breakfast at 6am. Right! That's what taking Robusta at 10pm will do to me.

--

Tuesday

Played ultimate with a boss. Figured out we had some old friends in common, over dinner.

Reading up on bitwise operators in JavaScript and about using asm.js

BBC's Moriarty > Gordon Ramsey... as a caricature of rage.

GiveDirectly: also if you believe in the founding motivations for Keynesian economics... it's a chance to mess with another country's money supply #perhapsTotallyWrong

Feels like daily, the dodo bird of humanity pecks out my brain, while I'm tied to this rock, falling around our star. #notPrometheus

--

Wednesday

It's getting late. Protein stations... (breakfast...)

Melodyne's unmixing algorithm: since all these problems of my youth seem to have been tackled by folks already... I guess I have to find new problems once I'm smart enough to fix the old ones. Polyphonic is one thing... when you've got complex signals like "Song 2," or something, I imagine you'd have to do something like analyse out all the component sines... identify the harmonics that belong to the same unison by statistically tracking their correlation... then proceed with treating those bags of harmonics as if they belonged to a single instrument. Never actually done it. Wish I had more time for this... :( #foreverBusy

A slightly-less-than-moderately productive break from studying programming. 25 days or so. Time to dive back in. Let's start by reading what has been written. Feels like I need a longer break from reading what has been written DX. Rain and geetar to mix it up. Music isn't as interesting as it used to be - probably because I haven't studied it as much in recent years. Amp maybe needed.

The older I get, the less energy I have for keeping my head out of society. One of these days I'm gonna crack. :P Or perhaps, it's just my reaction to having stayed out of it for as long as I have. Too much, too little, always a missing balance. By the time this job stabilises, I'll have spent 2% of my lifetime on it already. Interesting. But is it reasonable? Perhaps.

I just figured out which client / employer / partner / friend / acquaintance I've worked with the longest over the past 8 years. And the answer's not an easy one.

The rain stops. I open the balcony door, leaning against its frame, and take a look around. The cows are eating happily. Real cows.

--

Thursday

Introduced client to the notion of a recursive acronym. This might be interesting.

Back in TTDI. Reading about wine (last read these books in hospital in 2009), because I've run out of coffee.

It's fun talking to people about their states of intention and organisation. I should do it more often.

0346 hours. Too much coffee again. Livin large. Going for a run. #pleaseDontMugMe

Offensive weapons in Malaysia: crossbows are illegal, but slingshots and chefs knives seem legit.

Supper at 0445 is a soggy starch glassed wing of fowl, white rice, and apple juice. MYR 8. Bloody hell; need to do groceries more often.

Maybe I need to learn more languages. I'm getting tired of swearing in English.
ce café a un goût de chaussure

dieser kaffee schmeckt wie ein furz

--

Friday

Producer of the CapitalFM breakfast show called me up to try pick-up lines on me... on the air. I think I ended up sounding like I was channeling BBC's Sherlock. Next time I can say " you want to fuck, say want to fuck lah... front or back, akahh?"

Then sleep.

Then volunteering as admin / waiter / stand-in at an eye-gazing party.

Then rearranging legal documents.

Then social computer gaming.

Then noms.

Then the drive home.

Then journaling and invoices.

Then sleep.

To be up at 11am for a noon meeting.

Waitering for fun; legaling for wages; dota-ing for stimuli; fucking busy day. Elsewhere, she looks happy, and I'm so relieved.

--

Saturday

Just met the wife of some really lucky guy; what a hottie. Then more industry networking. Groceries. To catch up on sleep...

Emoticons are great for a guy that doesn't have much to say.

Showering off in the heat of the night.

The occasional dose of alcohol has taken me from "stressed and bored," to "just bored." Maybe this is an improvement.

--

Sunday

Tomatoes. Listless sunday. Maybe time to start drawing.

On the bright side, not a single whiny parent, acquaintance, or other person within earshot. #sunday

Downloaded a bunch of body drawing training diagrams. I should eat a proper meal to properly begin the day.

Went for a walk, managed to get over to the lake and farm, did some photography.

Copied some of the training drawings - a long way to go.

Headache after a drink of water. Perhaps it was a dirty cup. Forced to get out of bed. Exercise and food seem to make it better.

Definitely spottier than I was a few years ago. Praps melanoma will get the better of me, after all.

No comments :

Post a Comment