2013-07-12 at

"MBTI Level II"-ing

Just eye-balling the dichotomies (and I know this is completely the lazy-maybe-wrong way to do it), I think this is where I end up:

Extraverting Introverting Sensing Intuiting Thinking Feeling Judging Perceiving
Initiating

Expressive

Gregarious

Active

Enthusiastic
Receiving

Contained

Intimate

Reflective

Quiet
Concrete

Realistic

Practical

Experiential

Traditional
Abstract

Imaginative

Conceptual

Theoretical

Original
Logical

Reasonable

Questioning

Critical

Tough
Empathetic

Compassionate

Accommodating

Accepting

Tender
Systematic

Planful

Early Starting

Scheduled

Methodical
Casual

Open-ended

Prompted

Spontaneous

Emergent
But I wouldn't be surprised if my formal questionaire produced different results. I also still wonder how they account for differences in work/life personality differences

I often wish I didn't have so much free time to play this game. It's just another genre of lit theory - tools for talking - non-scientific.


Note on 2014-09-07:

MBTI is often viewed as a 4-tuple of binary (discrete) categories. That's pretty much what they call the level-1 model of MBTI. The level-2 model is a 3-tuple of axial (continuous) categories, which can be leakily abstracted (reduced) to the level-1 model.

No comments :

Post a Comment