2013-09-14 at

Current affairs

Why am I working for limited cash payment, on a coffee shop?
The subject matter is coherent with my long-term business interests. Terrible waste of time, but I don't need to spend my own money here.

When I get bored I talk to people about their feelings, I write stuff online to research how people on social media react to it, I play computer games, and I think of applying to jobs at management consulting firms, then I remind myself not to get distracted unless I am in the epitome of good health.

I tend to remember that my letters of application tend to read like letters of application for rejection, but you know, I don't see those jobs as being very important, and I'm quite frank about that. There's much better money to be made, even in this neck of the woods, but... the time doesn't seem right for it. Soon, one of these days... when I can't find anything else to do, the letters will go out again
The second and third paragraph are basically a summary of an article on Boredom which was all I cared to cook up, when asked to contribute to a literary magazine called New Village.

Update: as the next day ended, I thought...
Disgusted by everyone I met in the last 18 hours. Slightly worse day than usual. But there is always hope, so aversion of death. Tomorrow!
Nevertheless, upon reflection, I find that I am still more driven by curiosity than specific hopes of any sort...

Dead center of a 3 day weekend, and I'm starved for work. Keep calm and function, lest one forgets how to. Let's see what breaks first.
Scientific Method (1): an algo for the validation of info. Science (2): results from the pro community practicing 1. I'm more into 1, less 2

Body aches from squatting all day for a coupla days. Actually had to stop for a nap on the 30km drive home at 4am, after several games of DoTA. One of the better 72-hour periods this year. Actually had stuff to do.

Copywrighting on a construction site 1) dialled down the aggro on OkCupid 2) considering work switch from "generalist" to "brain" (for hire)

No comments :

Post a Comment