2014-04-13 at

A Cafe Fund

Frankly speaking (then again when am I not):

1. I'd never want to retire while running anything more complicated than a kopitiam. (Since I'd want to focus most of my energy on software development and mathematics.)

2. While I'm not retired, I probably won't bother owning individual cafes... it's just too easy. I'd prefer to be involved in the development, improvement, and trading of cafes: perhaps best understood as an active private equity fund / accelerator / incubator for cafe businesses.

The HR + exit strategy is to eventually transfer equity to (competent) staff, who otherwise wouldn't get to own their own business for decades, due to lack of educational and financial opportunities. The industry is simple enough that one can become bored with entrepreneurship... and go meta towards the development of entrepreneurs.

No comments :

Post a Comment