2014-05-31 at

Data Modelling

Quick one - I was looking for a free/open-source tool to quickly render JS objects as flow-charts. Honed in on these.

http://www.jointjs.com
http://jsplumbtoolkit.com
http://arborjs.org/atlas

Not yet sure if this will do, but they seem like good visualisation tools for doing solutions architecture. (Working on a robot personality model myself... picking tools before I get started.)

This won on simplicity: http://adrai.github.io/flowchart.js/
I'm a technical guy. I'm looking for more technical co-founders.

Objective: work on an open-sourced solution to permanently break the Turing test (some resources of interest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artificial_intelligence_projects)

Possible progression:
- (6 months) chit-chat and work on a GitHub repository in your free time
- Q1-2015 : apply for Y-Combinator 2015, or other funding.

Not going to ask for anything else, but you're free to offer.

Saturday, nibbling away at administrative duties at the office. 4pm. Time for office social.

That leaves a mountain of paper work and a few dozen internship resumes for tomorrow. :)

Hopefully I can squeeze in some time for technical studies this evening.
x: Hi.

me: Hello!
Can I help you?>

x: hi.. was responding to your artificial intelligence
about an hour ago

me: Cool. Are you a programmer?

x: ya
u?

me:Yes. What sort of related work have you done?

x: I build mobile phones

me: what about u?
Do you do personality modelling while building mobile phones?
I've studied some of the information architecture of brains, and also looked at the WordNet project.

x: ok.. so how do u monetise
what is your qualifications btw?
have u built anyyhing in the market that sells?
any product already in the market?

me: forget monetisation. if you're more interested in monetisation than in making humans redundant, I think you've got the wrong project.

x: I have to make sure I dont talk to an idiot

me: same here.

x: I have completed a dew projects
have 11 usa patents
published a book
if u have not a single patent
forget it
u probably an idiot that use big words

me: ok. bye

x: ok.. bye

me:Nice resume you have, by the way. Keep it up.

x: thanks
Cannot brain some of these people. I want to cry.



Someone asks what I mean by breaking the TT.
I think the moonshot (which is near enough that it's not a Mars shot) is to basically get past milestones where you can't tell a human from a bot, say first in a customer service phone call, then in a sales phone call, then in a new product development discussion on instant messenger, etc. etc. There's no limit to the number of tests that are harder and harder - it's only permanently broken when it's trivial to try and come up with newer arbitrarily hard tests. Then the Turing test is "permanently" broken.

No comments :

Post a Comment