2014-09-05 at

Staying Chipper

Always room for improvement. Today I got a negative review, so I asked for help on two things.

1. I need help focusing on small targets.

2. I need help compensating for my overall insensitivity.

(1. When people hand me a problem, I usually start by looking for one that's 1000x bigger... I don't do this because I think I'm smart/hot-shit - I do it because I inherently like trouble (not a good thing). Generally when I do project management, it is by by mapping out the critical chain with concrete dates - it helps me to stay focused.

2. I often do not get a whiff that folks are dissatisfied or annoyed by me, until long after it has destroyed our relationships. I am unfortunately likely to treat indirect questions as a theoretical discussion. I'm pretty stupid that way.)
//

The weekend provides more time for quality work.
Cheap. Fast. Quality. Pick two.
Unless you hire bored retired experts.
One day, perhaps I'll be a bored retired expert. Right now I'm just bored and retired. No expertise worth claiming.
Off to bed for the day...
//

You only need to get over someone if you get into them first. If work comes before love, then all loves lost are non-essential, but definitely worth the regular muse. Of late, I've been thinking a lot about work, and how few people actually like work. The last girl I dated was one of those who work in order to able to buy things.

I tend to work because I'm trying to get away from those things that a lot of other people want to get away from work to do. Crossed purposes. We all have different callings....

No comments :

Post a Comment