2014-09-25 at

Swim Journal

A swim in the rain.
Back to work.
I need to start a swim studies journal.

End September 2014

Day 1: the pool is 6-8 meters wide on the shorter edge. I do a few laps with my head above the water. One at a time, catching my breath on the edge, in between.

Day 2: I study buoyancy and lung control. More laps this time.

Day 3 or 4: I travel farther, but not yet the length of the pool. I study the rate at which gas escapes from my lungs, as I exhale with my face just under the surface of the water. I realise what is most discombobulating is the sound - everything is louder once the ears go under, and that seems to be what bothered me the most in the past.

8 October 2014

Today I did two lengths of the pool on the long side, and two more on the short side. Arms as breast stroke, legs mostly fluttering, a bit of kicking, a bit of trying to get the dolphin thing going. It was probably ugly to look at. 

15 October 2014

- long laps with breaks: 1 + 1 + 0.7

No comments :

Post a Comment