2015-06-13 at

Thoughts

There are folks who trust their intuitions, the rest of us treat our intuitions as other people...

//

Interpolating the feedback, and not quite sure what to make of what others think of me:

- Organisational Pyschologist: "You're in data services? You must be bored."
- Consultant & B2C CEO: "I wouldn't hire you to do business development, I can't see you excelling outside of operations and analysis."
- Director of media sales: "I didn't know you worked as a quant. Would you like to work in sales?"
- Director & Marketer: "You can't write, you're an engineer."
- Designer & Developer: "I wouldn't hire you to do technical work, you're too valuable as a people person."
- Editor of a Magazine: "You have no emotional intelligence for talent management."
- CEO of a few tech companies: "You're too slick to be an engineer."
- CEO/artisan: "He just does stuff, nothing strategic."
- CEO/consultant: "He's very academic, not operations."

Blimey, when I think about what would happen if I followed all the advice I get...

//

Fuck touchscreens. Fuck butlers. Fuck all these people with unstable emotions. Folks dream of robot personal assistants - but the true value of a personalised robot familiar will be as each human's guide, mentor, shrink, what have you.

//

If your pitch begins with "I'm super excited," I stop listening.

No comments :

Post a Comment