2016-06-01 at

Brands are People are Computable

I must return to work in three hours, but I have not yet fallen asleep. How can I trick my brain into sleepiness? Can I perhaps recall a previous state of mind: one of fear and trembling, of desperation and grief, and overwhelming weakness. Well, it seems to help...

/

Best news today. Indications that I can soon hand over the mantle of brand management. Let's see how that possibility develops.

I think it really depends on the conviction of the manager, if he/she is committed to the profession of developing the brand. I'm quite happy to let it go and go do other stuff loll.

"Why does one require conviction?"

Well it's fairly straightforward, the creation of content under the guise of a brand requires one to impersonate the personality of the brand.

The activity of such impersonation can become disinteresting for various economic and aesthetic reasons.

End of the day, I don't really care what kind of crap we sell as long as I don't have to associate myself with the decisions about curating it. Loll

For example: delegation of bar duties means I stop caring what the bar serves for the most part. Ditto kitchen. Hopefully, ditto brand.

Not sure if it's wise. But it could be incredibly scalable.

In formal terms, what we're hoping for her is a delegation of brand ownership so that the CEO can focus on talent management, and not brand management.

The brand owner however must be completely in tune with the personality of the brand, to the point of multiple-personality consciousness on the part of the owner... otherwise you get a brand that lacks in character development, and really brings nothing personal to the market.

Brand management has to be a method acting gig. Anything shy of that is good, but not great.

To ease the burden of multiple-personality management, brand ownership may be executed by committee. But that run the risk of the brand itself appearing schizoid - so the committee has to be rather tightly knit.

(I suppose the main reason I see it this way, is because I treat brands as a subset of people in general, and people as a subset of computable models in general. Geez. Why do we have an AI nut trying to run the business... one wishes he had better things to do...)

/

Two hours till active duty. The way forward is clearer.

/

Review of risks:
.
2001-2005: one low risk-return job - a low risk-return strategy.
.
2005-2008: three low risk-return jobs, in a row - a medium risk-return strategy.
.
2008-2012: five high risk-return jobs, in a row - a high risk-return strategy.
.
Furlough: spent it on a basket containing high risk-return commercial activities, and low risk-return intellectual pursuits.
.
2013-2016: five high risk-return jobs, in a row.
.
At which point I start to wonder of it's time to "retire again."

/

A problem that I have with most people, is that they don't feel free to choose death. It makes their lives so... inevitable.

No comments :

Post a Comment