2017-03-26 at

Comms

"Probably, I am trying too hard to impress you. I feel inadequate. It is a feeling that betrays a competitive nature. It will pass as I remind myself to just focus on enjoying the present. I am glad that this honesty cheers you. And it would be easier to read than to hear. I mean, in speech, this honesty is not far from dishonesty. It is a pun."

"Often, a counterparty will be displeased or excited about an event. When I have no emotional or intuitive response to that event, I do not always allow myself to remain silent, as the counterparty may be in a state of tension. I try to communicate to the counterparty that I acknowledge their duress or exhilaration, that I have little to offer, but that it is possible for us to cooperate nonetheless as players in the game of civil society. People who expect empathy are overreaching, entitled, brats. Empathy is a cognitive luxury, which I prefer to dispense with discretion. :)"

"Figuring out what each other wants, and whether the other can deliver, and being able to be transparent about good and bad experiences is crucial in any relationship. Work. Play. Whatev"

No comments :

Post a Comment