2017-09-23 at

Speaking Up for Apathy / " "true" neutral" Political Stances

Counterparty: "... that the devil they know is better than the devil they do not..."

Me: "Ironically, that ends up being why I am pro-BN. Alternatives remain unconvincing. But I have had this view for like 20 years... so it may be sheer laziness. :)"

It's not a fallacy if it doesn't pretend to be logical ;)

The belief that I have a preference to do X given Y, is abstract, and not nailed to any empirically determinable item Z. So I don't think it's material... basically it's an unfalsifiable belief. So I don't think it falls within the category of truth-determinable propositions. #dodgy ;)

/

:) I favour compliance with the hegemony, or all out war. So far unpersuaded about war. I don't think they play fair enough to warrant fair play resistance.

It's been a lonely perspective.

/

I find local political discourse generally unmotivating. I think what differentiates political activists (and I consider anyone who participates in the democratic elections an activist citizen) and non-activists, is fundamental difference in the degree of interest/affection that we have for the issues that surround us. Some people want to watch the world burn. Some people don't want to, but don't mind watching. Others can't stand to watch it burn.

/

Don't pick fights you can't win. If you see me getting ready for a fight, ehehehe... either I'm crazy, or shit is hitting the fan... over time, I guess, the consensus is that I don't actually make sense.

After thought: the overarching emotion that I feel about this is sadness about watching generation after generation of passionate youth charge to its death against odds it does not realise are (in the short term) insurmountable. But such is war... most wars are not fought intelligently.

Post lunch: I feel that this is important enough to turn into a full-blown essay, "In Defense of Fuck-all," so I guess I will find a suitable place to do this, seeking a productive Saturday afternoon.

No comments :

Post a Comment