2018-03-24 at

Leadership

I think on culture and fit, it is a matter of aligning people's motivations and emotions. First you need to know what you are, and then work to exorcise the other types from your life.

For example, I am diametrically opposed to one kind of person: the type that is looking for a reason to stay alive, who need to be told what to do. So if I am reporting to them, I will simply follow orders to a tee, and not debate. If they are reporting to me, I will ask them when they are going to stop sweating the small stuff, and focus on what I need from them. These people are natural followers, and they belong in what I call Fight Club companies led by Tyler Durden types. Masses of manipulable serfs, a great visionary on top. I don't even want these people in the species, whereas I do acknowledge that much of civilisation depends on their input. I think the only way to coexist is to use them wisely. I would rather not be in the same organisation as them.

Whereas I work very smoothly with people who aren't looking with a reason to attach themselves to groups, or goals. This tends to make them indifferent to any variety of goals provided to them. And that means it is much easier to do work because you talk about work, not about them most of the time. These people tend to know what they want, or that they don't really want anything, and have the cognizance to speak that mind and execute their (trivial, self-acknowledged) preferences ruthlessly.

I feel the split is 5% vs 95% of the population. So I feel, which is to exaggerate, I can always do more to find the 5%.

No comments :

Post a Comment