2013-04-09 at

Twitter daze

Officially gotten to the point in life where I charge a 10x premium on desk jobs because manual labour is just 10x more enjoyable.

Can't have irrationally confrontative people working in customer service. You get all sorts of customers. And the job, is to entertain. I had a gay man trying to pick a fight with me because there were discounts only for women on "ladies night". Sigh. Refer to manager plz. Working in the hospitality industry is the only setting where I feel comfortable letting people believe whatever they want to.

Depression: Maybe I was born with all the serotonin. Probably not though. But maybe.

I'd rather not vote, and let the system steal my vote. Hehe. But I appreciate those who actively spoil it too. It's a closed system. Candidates 1-to-N, spoil vote, or don't vote. Total N+2 options. Do what you believe in. Well, that was a lie. You could also be a warmonger. But let's leave that off the table for now. Sticking to the voting booth. Sometimes your dream political party doesn't exist, and you're happy with BN. :p

An unusually social start to the day. A good day on Twitter, despite prissy preachers. Time for brunch, then back to coding stations.

Waiter: would you like to order? Cover: can I have the drinks menu? Waiter: I am your drinks menu. Cover: ... #FnbCxToday

7pm. Due D with a potential partner. Then got to Bangsar before it started pissing down... back to coding at SBUX

Pitching for a campaign. You know, though it might seem like it, a Fight Club doesn't happen without a marketing plan...



Network.Wai.Request and Response datatypes can't be !@#$%^ printed, so I am making it happen... or can they, and I am wasting time?!

Coffee shop challenge #67 - it's crowded - find a stareable 10-degrees in your field of vision, which isn't occupied by someone.

Inforant on language usability efforts: so for Haskell training, I am building a little CakePHP -style web framework around the server library (Network.Wai)... this is the server abstraction layer used in Yesod, one of the most "popular" web frameworks for Haskell. Wai uses a single data type (like a struct) for the "Request" and another for the "Response". Guess what - they're not printable by default. I have to roll my own !@#$%^&*() printer for these... and you wonder why more people don't use these funky languages... -_- it's not like it's hard or anything. They're just not trying to be useful :P often enough.

Discussions on pairing food and coffee: I have to make a tea + dark chocolate now... and try it on the guys... without telling them what it is...

I have yet to figure out why I can't always substitute (fnA $ fnB $ argument) with (fnA.fnB argument) in Haskell. :-S Is it a compiler quirk? Shouldn't both be equivalent to (fnA(fnB(argument)))? AH, IRC helped. It's a fixity issue.

The benefits of being "not a partner" in any organisation, include being able to run zany experiments without having oneself associated with them.

Made significant progress in Haskell studies today. Got the basics of Conduits while writing a printer for Network.Wai.Request and Response. Happier. Off to bed. Meeting at noon. 0624 hours.

Bitcoin on Wikipedia is inaccessible. LOL

I've been thinking for long, about the grungy copy that is the name Hell. I just figured out that when it becomes time to market this framework, a better name would be Halo. If someone else takes it by then, we'll just have to find another name.

No comments :

Post a Comment