2019-09-21 at

I Believe in Inequality

I don't hold any beliefs to be ideals without context.

I don't disbelief the necessity of inequality as a implication of free market rulespaces.

(I wanted to separate those two sentences because they may be a little dense for some readers.)

In any event, here we are, on we go.

At a dinner party two nights ago, my friend fielded a common criticism, which I have entertained from friends for most of my 36 years alive.

'You think everyone else is too dumb to work with you,' he said.

Precisely. That's why I work the way do, most of the time. It's incredibly expensive to have to explain many things to many people in order to get a little bit of work done. I'm typically not looking to achieve a social ideal, or a commercial one - financial and social ideals are tactical enablers for the objective of my work in general.

Generally, I'm just trying to learn something. And in the interest of learning things, what's the incentive to help other people along the way, unless they're helping you to learn faster?

Of course, after having learnt something, I typically pass it along in order to help other people who want to learn things. It may hurt people who are trying to make a living, but I actually don't value just anyone else in society. The valuable ones are the ones who like to learn things.

I expect the other ones will die off eventually.

No comments :

Post a Comment