2024-04-22 at

Aesthetics and Government

 Some of my friends say I am jealous when I comment on their lifestyles.


It's more like, I think they have bad tastes. But I am too polite to remind them ... maybe I should be less humorous in my speech.


In my short time, I have observed people both rich and poor whom I do not envy. There is a 2x2 matrix of {rich,poor}, {smart,dumb} folks ... and the dumb ones, in my view ... and by dumb, I mean the opposite of smart, meaning they have bad taste ... the dumb ones, generally value things I don't value.


But that's why it 's a matter of taste. Each person finds in society a narrative which helps them to make sense of the world. And each person would find the sensibilities of others to be suspect.


That's the nature of engineering tastes, narratives, and lifestyles.


That's the nature of governance. 

No comments :

Post a Comment