2013-05-22 at

Social Life and Tears

Over the years, there have been occasions when I have taken offense at criticism that I am unemotional. I'm not sure why I do, but the fact that I do, is probably justification in itself. I don't often cry, but I still do. A few years ago, a dude hacked of my little finger and then hit me on the head with a steering-wheel-lock, and I sobbed. A little. It hurt. I understand what hurt is. There were four of them. I understand what it is to feel helpless. But maybe, I am just less easily hurt, and less prone to feeling helpless than many people whom I meet. Which brings me to the question, where do I find others like me?

Need to downshift and reduce empathy with people who don't have a choice about their empathies. So help me think.

No comments :

Post a Comment