2013-09-17 at

MBTI Reflections

I skimmed the MBTI book when I was a kid and figured I was an INTP. Lately, it may have appeared to some that I exhibit variations on that... but here's what I've figured out over the last coupla years:
- it's more easy to get paid to be an ESTJ; just fucking do sensible shit --TJ; take the money; move.

- it's easier to communicate by behaving like an ISTP; people understand the -ST- thing more easily.

- it's coherent within the MBTI framework for one to be a social butterfly and an INTP (because it just means that you're a social butterfly who starts every other sentence (prior to censorship) with "well, I think...")
On trained extroversion:
Yea, I kinda know what you mean. My dad's an ISTJ organisational leader type, and I was in school/religious leadership development programs for crowd control, public speaking, focus group facilitation, etc. from age 12-15... and was pretty much bored of the "how to work the room," algorithm after a coupla years... then I reverted to looking for harder problems.
Now if you open up the framework and look at speech patterns (something I'm guessing that others have done before):
NTs

INTP
- Ti Ne Si Fe
- "I think X, because [public concept] Y"

ENTP
- Ne Ti Fe Si
- "[public concept] Y, so X"

INTJ
- Ni Te Si Fe

ENTJ
- Te Ni Se Fi

NFs

INFP
- Fi Ne Si Te

ENFP
- Ne Fi Te Si

INFJ
- Ni Fe Ti Se

ENFJ
- Fe Ni Se Ti

SPs

ISTP
- Ti Se Ni Fe

ESTP
- Se Ti Fe Ni

ISFP
- Fi Se Ni Te

ESFP
- Se Fi Te Ni

SJs

ISTJ
- Si Te Fi Ne

ESTJ
- Te Si Ne Fi

ISFJ
- Si Fe Ti Ne

ESFJ
- Fe Si Ne Ti

The thread following a post in the INTP-personality-type networking group is hilariously anti-social. "How did you make your lifetime buddies?"

No comments :

Post a Comment