2024-05-01 at

What are Conservatives?

 Labour Day reflection.



What is the meaning of "conservative"? I'm trying to capture the sorts of behaviour that fall under this label.

(a) people with a long-term strategy+implementation of never-decreasing monthly income, or socio-economic position ( ladder climbing )

(b) people with a decisive stance that their words must be understood to have specific meaning, which they are unwilling to elaborate on ( high-context culture )

(c) people who are unwilling to consider discarding fundamental intuitions and/or emotions ( attachment )



I will certainly, with some intention, rub many of these people the wrong way. 

I'm somewhat partial myself to each of  these. 



(a) ... I'm a ladder-climber who denominates success in terms of information

(b) ... while I understand how to quantify human experience and how to disassemble and reassemble the thoughts and feelings of others, I am not always willing to do it for free 

(c) ... I'm not sure how to make myself less sure that uncertainty is an asset

No comments :

Post a Comment