2024-05-02 at

The Valuation of Time

It was somewhat disturbing to me, to have to explain to my friends, that ... if I am foregoing opportunities of x-dollars-per-hour (XDPH) to do my own study ... it means I value my study at least, at XDPH. 

So if instead of studying, I give this time to someone else ... it means I am paying XDPH, to spend time with them ... and this is ok if the other person also values the time at XDPH, with a demonstration of equal opportunity cost.

But if they don't demonstrate a valuation close to XDPH, then the relationships are unequal, and I should reasonably withdraw interest in spending my time here. 

I think what bothers some of my friends is that, while I am not finding at least XDPH worth of value with them ... I do find XDPH worth of value with other friends.

Well that's the market. BAU.

No comments :

Post a Comment