2016-08-23 at

Yawn 12

Shipworms - are actually clams!

/

Pausing work to sleep. Emergency meeting in less than six hours. Chores due before that.

/

70 hours of sleep.
70 hours of solid work.
7 hours for grooming.
7 hours for housekeeping.
14 hours for dicking around.
It's always fun to try and model a week. The models always turn out differently.

/

Chores. Nap. Meeting. Housekeeping. Then perhaps to bed for real.

/

LUNNCHhHHHHHHHhhhhhhh time.

/

Emergency meeting at 6am. Can't do much till then, so perhaps a run at 3am before that.

/


Someone said I was good at self-study.

"I ain't good at much. I'm just noisy.

...

I'm a glass heart with a steel fist, a tempered cock and a mouthful of fire."

/

Waiting, waiting, for the management team to make decisions. If I'm writing poetry, I'm probably bored. Next escape from boredom: sleep!

/

Death, desolation... and accounting ^_^

/

Oh no... more legacy problems from Team 5 discovered. Time to go back to sleep.

/

As I pause for rest, mid-week, I wonder how accurately I have foretold my current trajectory. Most of my hours appear to be spent executing supporting roles, for staff who appear to be capable but unwilling to exeute instructions. Now I always hedged against the state of poverty, but I didn't quite anticipate reaching poverty by this vector. But, ultimately, this is a job... so on with it.

/

"Pain is weakness, leaving the body." #totd

/

Breakfast! Management (talking other people)! Social Life (talking to myself, for the most part)!

/

Run time before more accounting. Sigh. Discipline here, discipline there, no discipline everywhere.

/

I wish I'd done more vocal training, but that sort of thing has had a really low priority.

/

I hate fucking up work for staff.

Accidents happen. But in other cases, which are not accidents, I do not consider it fucking up - that would be disciplinary action.

/

Back to the fires.

/

24-7 fine hipster food: Duck & Waffle
Well, if we don't get there first, someone else will. It's not a race, unless someone's paid for a race. Right now, we're just working on survival.

/

I think some people find it counterintuitive when the comparative advantage of junior staff is strategic planning, and the senior staff are the implementors.

/


Exit office. All kinds of daft work tomorrow. Need to prep and get into drone mode to start nixing targets.
EVA mode off, for the day.

/

Get up bitch, shift time. Progressive house or classical? We got you till the break of dawn.

/

Getting off shift in a bit. Breakfast with a bored boy, anyone?

/

Shift ends. Housekeeping and repair work done. Business administration kicked along. Soon, dinner, and bed.

/

Personal administration still in limbo. At least I got vaccinations out of the way. Loved ones are missed, and such has been recorded. Back, to the fires, at work.

/

Taking a break, then I need to compile some performance management feedback for a staff. Then maybe review accounts. Then perhaps rest before common business hours resume.

/

Performance management everywhere. When the domain of operations is the logistics of meat, we are then accosted by the complexity of meatworks. Let us try, and try, again! Mind, over meat... is what they used to say. But the way I see it, the mind itself is just a piece of meat...

/

Maybe I am an ENFJ after all. (Ten minutes later - nah, that was just my job ten minutes ago.) #themethod

I will continue my role as a provider of opportunities for learning. As long as (team) is interested in its mandate (3.) I will continue to provide any coaching that I can. If (team) is no longer interested in learning how to manage the shop, I will shut it down, as I have run out of the time to do it myself.

I come to work daily hoping for the best for, and from each of you. I am accepting of any outcome. Please do what makes yourselves happy.

/

Browsing work, for our eventual visual upgrade to the shop. These are not your everyday tetek...

/

Good morning. Unit awake and preparing for duty. Company is entering midweek. Start of week plagued by tumultuous complaints of a snivelling tone. Complaints addressed. Acceptability of outcome uncertain. Proceeding to review monthly and quarterly routines which remain neglected. Value at stake: the enterprise, and a few broke and/or broken hearts. Risk management assumes a complete write-off, with ongoing efforts to improve the balance sheet. Work to commence shortly.

/

Something something darah tumpah.
πŸ‡²πŸ‡ΎπŸ˜πŸ‡²πŸ‡Ύ

/

Pause then, for reflection. Do you believe we are ruled by evil men? Would you go to war to save your country from cancer? Would you lose life and limb, to bleed? If you said yes to all the above and did nothing... then don't bother singing that song. You're just a tourist in a strange land. A mouse in the basement of thieves.

/

Brief to artists: there are "no" safety limits. I'd rather have pictures of people throwing cups at each other, than pictures of lattes. Go crazy. Go full Swedish prostitute mannequin in the window, for all I care. The more controversial the piece, the more likely I'll approve of it, because it's on-brand.

/

Righto. Enough dorking out over visual art for today. There's definitely something in accounting that I'm supposed to get back to.

/

Being shameless is easy. Training a whole team to be shameless is hard.

/

I just don't bother hitting on random people IRL except in cases of extreme boredom. Maybe I should. I think my existing network is exhausted.

/

Di seberang jiwa terletaknya insan, yang kebelakangan ini ia terasa kesunyian, setelah mendapat tahu punca insafnya, ialah sesuatu kejadian kejuruteraan.
I'm not so sure about my grammar... but on the impetus of a colleague I am exercising a study of Malay.

/

Back to the fires.

/

Shift ends. Time for chores. Desk work, desk work. Sisters in silence on the feed. Hi hi, bye bye.

/

No comments :

Post a Comment