2020-08-31 at

FY6 operating direction

(part 1: strategic framework):

Given the limitations of my current business, one year ago (EOY FY4), I wasn't sure what to work on, while waiting on some slow internal talent to develop. So I thought maybe it was a good time (after four years) to spend some time repairing my personal bodily weaknesses and diversifying my personal housekeeping activities. After a year, I wonder if I have spent too much time worrying about my wellness. I think 70% of the reparatory progress I wanted to achieve is established, say about 80%-of-80% ... and so it's not quite at Pareto parity but perhaps only one order of distance away from that.

Many days now I wake up at an odd hour, knowing there is much work to do, and telling myself to stop rushing into getting it done. Then instead I spend an onerous time swiping through my quotas on dating apps - my profile is designed to filter out as many bad matches as possible, so it always a matter of shovelling as many candidates as possible into the top of the funnel, as the top is rather constricted. Good work has been achieved here, but again, it is incompete. But given the length of this season ... a year of diversified infrastructural investment, I think it is now time to deprioritise meditations on personal wellness, so that I can return to swatting corporate issues with a little more vigour.

Now it's EOY FY5, and I am planning to reenter a mode of practice that is more focused on iteration rates, and less on iteration quality, once again ... just like in FY1's GTM to build the first funnel, and FY3's shareholder initiated termination of social media which resulted in our emergency restructuring around a new funnel. I guess FY6 will be about new funnels, once again. The landlord has just informed me that we will not be able to afford the price he is asking for an expansion upstairs, so that takes one bag of variables out of my calculus for the time being. I could always bid more to rent that space, but I am never sure if that is wise, given our circumstances. What is wise? Nothing we know in any field is ever certain, and it is only those who grasp for certainty who seem to enjoy such charades.

(part 2: quality framework):

Operational metrics which shall now need to be reinstated in practice:

- upon waking, check neural tone; proprioception;

- what is the available resolution of live data from all musculoskeletal structures? Adjust pipelines; reevaluate until a high enough bandwidth, and a low enough variance in bandwidth are achieved throughout the fabric of meat;

- what is the available rate of response between ideation and actuation? How large are gaps in consciousness between points of kinesthetic reevaluation?

- have conscious memory spaces been adequately groomed? In each sense modality, can the mental stage be fully cleared of artifacts, and redrawn at will? How many actions per second for how many sustained seconds, with how many rests, of what duration, over minutes, hours, and days? Anything longer than a day stops being a major concern when the focus is on intraday executions;

These are the rudiments of my self management during operationally critical periods.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment