2016-08-08 at

Yawn 10


I am beginning to lose faith in my ability to function efficiently at one third of my preferred daily organisational throughput. Because once daily effects are compounded, projects move at an eight of competitive speeds.

/

Ok, can still deadlift the 25kg curl bar. Being grounded in bed for almost a week didn't quite cause irreparable damage to structures in that dimension. Hopefully, less regression, more growth in uptime.

/

Let's see how may iterations it'll take to opensource our food and beverage production.

/


While I'm glad for everything that DSNY has brought to the growth of Marvel's movies, I'm much happier that DC has made better adult movies since Synder got involved. The comedies and tragedies behave respectively well.

/

Reprieve. Briefly. And candles lit for the restless.

/


As a services business, our people are the product. Anything else that looks like a product exists merely to deceive the market about the true nature of our business.

So far, we have not often pitched our core product. It is simply not ready for market. We only offer simpler goods: food and beverage, with some freebies. If we succeed in bringing the core product to market before we run out of resources, then the startup's business model will finally have been validated. The startup may fail before this occurs. That is the normal course of startups.

In order to understand how out of whack this is, relative to the next F&B brand builder, consider the following notion: their long-term growth strategy is to franchise a F&B brand to third-party F&B outlet operators. We don't want to do that at all. We are built from the ground up to franchise a services brand to third-party service providers. We want our staff to be our franchisees, as they go about the world building their own business of providing services to other people. (For this to start to make sense, you need to be living in the world of the RM40/hour barista or cook or manager.)

In that other industry, this is called building a platform. You don't want another cab company - you just want comissions from a million unlicensed cab monkeys. Except that you don't really want to deal with monkeys, so you just want to be the high-end of the street. Who's done this before? Oh, no one... just every High Street bank and the better-known management consulting firms on the planet.

Meanwhile, we have not yet achieved our marketable product, so there's nothing to see here. Carry on. Drink more coffee, and try the food, if you will.

/


I always remind my staff, that in many cases I want A, but they can have B as long as they do it, because the company is mostly the result of the people that join it, not what I want. However some items are non-negotiable, such as matters of law, and logic: if you want to stay alive, don't make losses. I do not often bother to repeat myself, and I certainly do not care much to change other people's minds. I have my own mind to change, on a daily basis, and that is already a consuming challenge.

/

Horror is clarified fear. Fear is simmered wit. Wit is our only reprieve from boredom. Unless you prefer the simper things in life: I'm not sure if I do, but some are sure that I don't.

/

Against petty human weakness, I must discipline myself to care less about work, in order to focus on doing the right thing, be it creation, destruction, or waiting.

/

Making a note to do that thing where I wipe my shortest term memory in harmonic intervals over a second, increasing in speed. Visual modality particularly, aural next, then haptic. It helps to decouple the conscious and subconscious imaginations, aiding R&R, and sleep. The pleasure increase is apparent - not sure if it's specific to any variety of neurotransmitter of course, since I don't have test facilities. The muscle reaction pattern seems to indicate that this is related to induced REM phases. I wish I had a bigger budget for studies. Oh, well.

/

On shift for 27 hours between now and 7am Monday. Sleep has a high priority. Coaching comes next. And then?

/

Let the next circle of hell begin. This is one of the waiting ones.

/

"There's a squirtle in the greasetra..."
"Shadap."

I don't need an app... I have a shop full of strange creatures in training... lol

/

Back to work, early. Entropy is rising.

/

Base food. Extra protein, B complex, caffeine... and then we start cleaning.

/

If I wake up in time to volunteer at the college fair (philosophy major booth), perhaps I should carry a placard with something like this on it:

"History is like a giant piece of software. If you want to understand how it got here in its entirety, there's only the entirety of the past to be considered.

As a kid*, I was told that getting a scholarship to college was my best chance of getting into a decent education system. By SPM year*, I was already tired of the idea, but I applied anyway, receiving some RM500,000 from private sources to attend a four-year liberal arts college. After the second year*, I concluded that few people at my college cared about the history of ideas, and the structure of the university syllabus as a whole, so I would have to study it on my own anyway. But there was still a free degree, and much infrastructure to be taken, and so... [* 1993, 1999, 2003]

... I ended up majoring in Philosophy because it demanded the least amount of homework for my final two years at college. Ask me anything."

/

790, 700, 800, 770, 730
A mediocre athlete's dusty medals from decades past. Tis the season for farting around with memorabilia.

/

Designing an installation of empty photo frames for our wall: loneliness, pain, grief, poverty, sickness, death.
Pentameter + 1. Hmm.

These are the things I concern myself with, because others appear to shy away from them. The attention of society must be balanced. And then I have to go to work and get questions about why? I'm afraid, while I'm thinking about work, I probably won't remember why. Hahahaha.

/

I know, I know! We can have a consensus... the DC movies need to be kept at least as bleak in tone, but for more traditional emotional arcs I think a viable swap would be Synder out (to please the haters) and Aronofsky in.

/


Sleep needed. Conversations ex-work dead-ended. Invoking short-term memory fracturing... the only place to go for comfort.

/

I should dedicate the first three waking hours of each day to staging. Max out on nutrition. Monitor budgets very tightly.

/

Routines. Work life.

/

Fire. Just on time.

/


Troubled. But it is late, and there is no chat. Time for some exercise, food, sleep, and then back to the farm.

/

Eight months of living in an office without WiFi. Well now, we have WiFi.

/

Interesting how in primary school, a lot of focus was put on fixating short-term memory, "do not daydream." Whereas in my twenties and thirties, while I fixate short-term memory for most of the day, in order to earn a living, in order to relax for sleep/R&R, I must practice active fragmentation of short-term memory.

/

I build relationships for business and love. Friends are folks I happen to have something in common with - few efforts are made to develop attachments here. Family adds nothing to the above. An infrequent pattern.

/

Using a chess set to illustrate all the power relations in the company, during internship onboarding. Achievement unlocked?

/

No comments :

Post a Comment