2022-04-04 at

Modelling "Vulnerability"

Eureka - not a paradigm-shift, but a little progress in modelling. Recently, post-a-break-up, I was analysing the components of love, and paused at : friendship (economics), sex, commitment, and addiction. Today I figured out that one expression of addiction and also friendship is what people call vulnerability. Vulnerability can certainly be modelled informatically - it depends on concepts of identity : a system's notion of self, and the notion of how itself can be damaged, and the notion that this can be divulged to counterparties, and the notion that this liability can be traded as an asset to the counterparty.

As for myself, personally I prefer to avoid gaining access to the vulnerabilities of my counterparties. I don't mind the responsibility, but I think I am much happier dealing with invulnerable people (and women). Of course, that means they are probably as bored as I am, and so I am not very useful to them except when we mutually amuse each other.

No comments :

Post a Comment