2021-05-08 at

Tinder for Friends #noc

Market insight: someone needs to build an app that's exclusively for matching friends. It will be bigger than Tinder.

I spend a lot of time on dating apps. (Mostly Tinder, OKCupid, and Coffee Meets Bagel, because the markets don't really overlap.) This is because I really do deprioritise friends and family below business and intimacy. Those are just my priorities. So like, "Tinder time," for me is like "family time," for that other kind of person, right?

Every so often, I'm reminded by a conversation that a lot of people aren't looking for intimacy as much as they are looking for friends. I mean, a good number of people on dating apps are actually disgusted by the notion of sexual intimacy with someone who they wouldn't be friends with.

Simply put: the market for friendship is bigger than the market for intimacy, and someone needs to build that app and make a billion dollars for it. That way, every time someone on a dating app pops up looking for friendship, we can take (or send) them ... OVER THERE ...

Lol

No comments :

Post a Comment