2022-11-24 at

Remembering the Dangers of Being Malaysian in Malaysia


It's a good day to remember that life in Malaysia may always be dangerous for someone like me - so I should be more concerned for my own freedoms and prejudices, as at any time the nation may decide to simply lock me up. Ah yes, I started training myself for prison when I was in college, being unsure of what my future would be. Here are some things that make it dangerous for me as a Malaysian.

1. I don't believe in the necessity of the concept of God.
2. I don't believe in the sanctity of human life (or much else, for that matter).
3. I don't care much about my blood relatives.
4. I probably don't care much about yours, though I do remind myself generally that you do care about yours.
5. I have no filters in my head, and in the absence of forbidden thoughts, I encourage myself to contemplate all the things many people would find disconcerting, evil, immoral, or otherwise distasteful.
6. I don't profess to be a moral person.
7. I encourage people around me to be like me.

From dust to dust, the only questions are, how, and when.

No comments :

Post a Comment