2023-10-22 at

Etiquette and Sobriety

Reflections on etiquette, and sobriety. Nothing new, just stuff that came up in conversations, and personal reviews.

Many people have a distinction between amusement and sobriety - in that they cannot identify being fully amused without losing sobriety. This has been a curiousity to me for many years - of course, I wonder how people are coded. For some people, drugs, such as alcohol, actually disinhibit their caged desires - for others, the placebo of a drug is sufficient for them to switch codes. 

I have tended to think of myself as relatively disinhibited while sober - I would do many things that many people would not, I simply do not because it is considered inappropriate or violent or scary or criminal. I wonder if I was ever truly disinhibited ... would I be completely off the rails? I tend to say, I'm a repressed extrovert - because if I didn't consciously quieten myself in front of other people, I would probably just end up in prison for talking.

Ah, people, so many, so many types.

No comments :

Post a Comment