2024-06-04 at

"quiet time"

Working alone on large, messy, projects, is challenging. There will never be enough memory in the hierarchy, and there will rarely be enough money, or social equity of any sort. But one makes things work, which is how one ends up working alone on large, messy, projects. Today I am reminded about the fraction of time devoted to calibrating the nervous system. In some religious traditions, people take up to an hour a day out of their other work to do it - professionally religious people may take more. That's 5-7% of one's waking hours. I grew up in such a tradition, but the operation of how I spend that time has changed, as I do not practice the tradition I was taught as a child. Instead I simply calibrate myself as an information  system.

No comments :

Post a Comment