2024-07-16 at

The Love and Care of Animals

 I think about how I like working in the hospitality industry. Hospitality is the simplest way to pass time, requiring only a lazy and stupid disposition. It requires little more than to care for animals whose thoughts rarely venture beyond family, food, and pleasures of the flesh. That has shaped my time in commerce significantly. I chose a lazy industry. At some point, I shall have to pivot to industries which orientate themselves about things like making money out of money. But the problem then is, at the end of the day if you dig down to it ... the people who enjoy making money out of money don't hire other people to do it for them, as much as they like to do it by themselves. In fact the sort of people who hire people to make money for them, typically spend their money in the hospitality industry - so there is no running from animals, they are everywhere. What do we do? I am still considering the rest of my life and career. I always hope it will be trivial, and short, but here we are ... continuing, to wonder about tomorrow. What to do?

No comments :

Post a Comment