2022-07-24 at

Filial Piety and Me

Same date : we were comparing alignments with chink filial piety - I am generally not aligned, probably because people who believed in this lifestyle were a constant source of irritation to me in my youth.

I mean, you may observe that I am nice to my parents from time to time, but I think that is more of matter of civil society. Recently I had to eulogise my mother, so in this context I thought about how I'd eulogise my father if he passed away today. I think it would go something like this :

"Well I have mixed feelings about this. When mom passed on, her eulogy was prepared in a way that wouldn't hurt dad's feelings. Now that both of them are physically incapable of having their feelings hurt anymore, I guess it's quite a relief." 

Dad's generally been a sort of fragile creature, and so handling that sort of person is where I come from. :) In general I've come to hate timid people. It turns out however, that this skillset is rather marketable, having paid the bills for many years of my boring life.

No comments :

Post a Comment