2023-10-17 at

Emotional Wellness : paradigms

The everlasting question of whether individuals are subservient to society, or whether society is subservient to the individual, determines the functional definition of wellness in the individual. A moderate view may require that any "hopeless i.e. uncontrollable emotion, sentiment, or romance" be considered pathological, however it is possible to adopt a lens where such phenomena are considered healthy.

In my own case, I consider it well if I am able to consciously turn on or off my subconsciously produced sentiments, at any point in time. This is my definition of emotional wellness. If my conscious mind cannot easily control my subconscious mind, I consider myself ill.

So in my case specifically, I consider it "fitter" to have the option to remember and forget different types of relationships on a daily basis as and when they are convenient to my conscious self. I refer to this as "higher functional", and I refer to my colleagues who do not have agility in this dimension as "lower functional".

It's good to remind myself of this, from time to time.

[ Not a popular view. But it's a view I need to curate because I don't see it being represented enough in the world ( you may disagree ). ]

No comments :

Post a Comment