2023-08-20 at

Aggressive Simplication

The more I talk to ordinary people, the more I'm convinced of the pattern that a lot of niggling sentimental conversation is just loud pitching, which can be simply ignored. If you give two people a glass of water, one of them's going to complain about the absence of a napkin, or that the other person was less thirsty but got the same amount of water, etc. So, I think, with ordinary social conversations ... it's good to just offer the conversant a turn of phrase, along the lines of "your interpretation is noted", and simply move along.

When subject to duress, aggressive simplification is the housekeeping heuristic, for a reset to health and safety.

So I made it my LinkedIn handle (LinkedIn lets you have multiple aliases - I'll just try this one out for a bit).

No comments :

Post a Comment