2023-08-25 at

The Helical Path ( of Long-term Memorisation )

I think the main benefit of secondary school in a rote-oriented system was that I came to understand that I had a high degree of control over my memory over the minutes-to-weeks scale. I could basically stuff anything in and retain it ... this I consider to be short-term skilling, and one can forget a lot of this after the weeks pass - there's plenty of documentation on that.

However, I don't feel that I have a great degree of control over how to use only a short amount of time, to cement knowledge from this shorter term into my longer term memory ( years to decades ). I don't know if it's a matter of indiscipline ... as perhaps my current practice of simply swapping between subjects in a helical fashion over the months and years, is doing precisely what I should be doing.

I just don't know.

No comments :

Post a Comment