2024-09-20 at

Culture war : empathy

From a comment thread : I was thinking about 

  • (a) the feminist complaint that women are more empathetic, and that men take advantage of it and should stop taking advantage of it, and
  • (b) the unwieldy rebuttal that, women should stop being more empathetic than men

I think it would be very interesting public policy to ban people from helping each other - and to make each person focus their work on themselves. ( There are numerous permutations of how you could build an entire governance culture around this - I'll save that for future imaginations. )

If nothing else, it would make a great concept for a piece of sci-fi.


--


👏 empathy 👏 is 👏 fun 👏 but 👏 shame 👏 on 👏 you 👏 if 👏 you 👏 idolise 👏 it.


Feminism vs. Patriarchy sometimes just ends up being unmasked as Humanism vs. Nihilism. It doesn't have to be that way. I think equal rights are nice, AND it's fair game for the birthing sex to choose to go full Lysistrata on reproduction (and I'm not talking about the pleasure of sex) so that the species just dies off. If the labour of birth bothers anyone, they should really just say "fuck the species, it's not on me".


Did you see my earlier post today on in vitro births being harder and more underfunded than AGI at this point in history?

No comments :

Post a Comment