2023-12-31 at

2023 review, 2024 outlook

I miss college. It took me about three days to figure out that most people there were more interested in partying than in learning things. So almost immediately I began independent studies, and avoided the parties.

2023 has been a useful year of catching up on low priorities, learning how to fix walls and other sundry things, diet and exercise optimisations, emotional labour for peers, bits of charity here and there, and talking to all sorts of people about their funny little businesses. 

Just the other day I tried amphetamines for the first time - or what I was told were amphetamines, a quarter of a dose of MDMA - and my conclusion was it was roughly as effective at that level as getting coffee on a solid breakfast. Not super useful, given the long-term damage and regulatory non-compliance, but I can see how they are effective performance enhancers for young executives and military operatives.

I've observed peers who spend days each month pointlessly stimulating themselves at the cost of long-term development. I am reminded that this was very boring to me, as a teenager. I am probably still a teenager, of the mental age of fourteen.

I am not sure if I can persuade anyone to replace pharmacological stimulants of hormonal cascades, with natural activities : early morning exercise, and food.

It is a mystery to be considered in the future. I am looking forward to 2024.

Next year will be more like college.

No comments :

Post a Comment