2023-04-01 at

Sabbatical 2 vs Mortgage

Financial planning for my second sabbatical : most of my burn rate is due to mortgage.

My cash flow for investments committed is about 2,304 MYR/mo. For the ten years before 2022, my same metric was 312 MYR/mo, at the present interest rate,  and it only became 7.4x when I decided to stop paying rent in the city at 650 MYR/mo. This is a 35y play, which pivots around the real estate value of flats in KL in around 2055, and inflation between now and then.

I think about this a lot. I wonder what I'll be doing in 2055, and whether gambling as such will be regrettable. The only reason I ever had for taking out mortgages was to force myself to invest, at a time when I did not have any other financial instruments under study.

No comments :

Post a Comment