2024-10-05 at

Functions of Running

Punched in 10.8km over two runs at 8.5 minute pace. Poor, but a good start for the first day back on running. Now to double the pace. 

Surreal. Literally on the roads where I started running in primary school. New training route. Tripped once on uneven sidewalk. Situational awareness not quite on point.

I learnt that running and driving seem most similar to me in terms of how much data is run through short-term memory. Highly visual, a lot of situational awareness loops. Hormonal cascades follow. Can't get that in a swimming pool or on a treadmill, I guess.

Road running in quiet areas creates a high ratio of activity in the sensory sit-ops loop, to the activity in the scientific methodical loop. So it provides one with good stimulus for scientific thought. I see how it fits together very well, now.

This season of running is my first, under a dietary regimen. I think breaking up daily distance into multiple runs per day makes sense in terms of reducing stress. I have some AMS, but that could just be fascia. Short-term memory baseline actions-per-minute are up, perhaps due to hormonal stimulation. But it's hard to say, without technical observability, what is endocrinal, neural, or vascular.

No comments :

Post a Comment