2022-12-10 at

Calibrating my Career : Obtain an Intuition for Global Markets (epoch 5)

If one needs an arbitrary target, it might as well be funny.

I've been smacking around all my ongoing projects, trying to figure out what to focus on. After all, I've fallen back to the heuristic of doing the hardest thing first. Generally I find people predictable, and corporate work of any kind is therefore intellectually easier (albeit more tedious) than R&D of any kind. My recent half-decade project on training my intuition in small business proceedings and the culture of ordinary workers has been valuable (epoch 4). It was a good follow-up to the time before that spent studying computer programming, and commerce in general (epoch 3). It is probably time for me to get back to the scalable opportunities. So perhaps the financial markets stuff is going to take point for now.

Soros broke the bank at 62 ... I guess, starting from near zero, I have 23 years to catch up.

-

Accessory notes :

- epoch 1 : prep for college, rudiments of math and science, organisational development, public presentation; seems like i'd done my liberal arts orientation by the end of grade-school

- epoch 2 : college, independent study, survey of history of ideas, quantification framework for consciousness; i always felt like it was like a DIY doctorate, but oh well

- epoch 3 : commercial and political observation of Malaysia, introduction to finance, deepish dive into programming computers

- epoch 4 : run a small business, full-stack R&D startup situation

- epoch 5 : ....

No comments :

Post a Comment