2022-03-08 at

Uniformity

I'm coming full-circle and sliding back into plebian uniform ... after stepping away from commercial culture in 2001. My outlook at the time was to focus on the history of ideas for the duration of college, but by 2004 I had additionally honed an interest in analytical phenomenology, which I figured would take twenty years to sink in. In 2005 I reverted to uniform, but by 2008 I dropped uniforms again, as they had not proven profitable in the short-term, given my focus on work in lower-class companies.

In 2010, there was some impetus to dress up to please a partner, in 2014 a bit for work and in 2015 a bit for a girl again. In 2021 I finally returned to corporate employment, and by the end of the year had collided with a charming young suit - alas that affair did not endure, but it was a good reminder of the uses of uniform. I had a jacket tailored in 2022, and acquired two Seikos.

I could never figure out the function of a collared t-shirt, until I owned a dressy jacket. 

No comments :

Post a Comment