2022-10-24 at

Table Talk

Sunday meditations :

10 years since my last sabbatical, and 8 since I took more than a few months off from managing people. Perhaps it's time to take a break from management, and switch to being an independent contributor again. However, that will depend on market forces somewhat.

Doing a napkin : I started work in 2005, and started avoiding large employers in 2007, recovering to a run-rate of 0.18 million/y in 2011. I remained on-track, swapping higher cashflows for learning experiences. From 2015 to 2020 I swapped out a cashflow of 0.9-1.4 million Ringgit for the business experience of operating an SME, first-hand. Few people I know manage their lives this way. I suppose, it's a small town ... and so people are used to simpler ways of life. As to what one can learn from this sort of approach, that is a longer story than this.

I think the guiding principle of my entire commercial career, has always been that this is training for BOD jobs. All other jobs are temporary inconveniences.

By the way, do you know how "board and lodging," are related to BODs? I guess tables are a recurring theme in my career. haha.

No comments :

Post a Comment