2023-06-25 at

Intrinsic and Extrinsic Value

Generally I'm able to modify my appreciation of things. At the base, sensory, level ... all sensation is intrinsically valuable ( arguably, maybe not pain ). But once placed in context, every sensational object presents an opportunity cost. So it is the extrinsic negative value of things which gives rise to economics in general. While I say I have no interest in food, friends, or  fashion ... it's not because I don't appreciate these things at the basal level. Rather it is matter of why these things are actively deprioritised in my life as unnecessary distractions. Intrinsically people are fun to hang out with, food is tasty, and scenes are beautiful. Extrinsically, most of these things are a waste of space. Therein the nature of the game ...

No comments :

Post a Comment