2024-10-12 at

Greater

I read a reflection by an old friend. It was about a time of their life when they found happiness beyond what they had previously encountered. I was happy.


My incompatibility with most people is that I am too easily happy with too little, on a daily basis. So in order to entertain myself beyond basic happiness, I make up all these tactical goals ... which are ludicrously greater than what most people need to make themselves basically happy. So in terms of necessities, I want too little - in terms of entertainment, I want too much.


I met a new friend today. In getting to know me, they ran the gamut of asking why I am studying - for what use my studies are. I answered simply that I study only what is useful on a daily basis for entertainment. Anything useful beyond that is pure upside. It's good to know how to program computers, evaluate financial statements, and coach people - but none of these things are necessary for happiness. However, they are always entertaining. 


On rare occasions, they also pay pretty good bonuses.

No comments :

Post a Comment