2026-08-14 at

social calibration

I have been thinking about optimisation techniques for my social portfolio. While social work is something I was familiarised with as a child, I generally don't find it particularly enriching macroscopically, outside the rudimentary neighbourly-citizen mode of life.

I used to think perhaps in business I would be able to find more people who were able to work on macroeconomic architectures with a microeconomic lens, but generally I have found that people treat the market-as-a-whole differently from their private networks, which seems oafish. And the same seems true of civil servants, politicians, and their consultants.

So in today's review and revision, I am reminding myself to avoid expecting people to be smart enough to treat everyone the same. Most are not capable of this. And it is impractical to reprogram them one by one. Further reflection is needed on what else can be done about it.

No comments :

Post a Comment