2026-10-01 at

Dreaming mechanics

Dreaming properly is maintenance checking and cleaning for uncommonly accessed memory networks. Essentially a sort of compression, where the result of computation is written back to ( varying degrees of short and long term memory ) from the conscious memory buffer. It functions as an economising lossy-abstraction-based garbage collector. The danger of course, is that it modifies the accuracy of memory. 

I find that methyl-cobalamin, creatine, and fish oil before sleep, help in this respect. Whereas the same during waking simply improve neural tone in the performance of daily activities. The therapeutic effect comes in an hour and is gone within 8 hours. Misalignment with circadian and adenosine cycles can accidentally lead to brief insomnia. This I have observed for years.

More recently I have been testing GABA-minergics namely chamomile and passionflower. These seem to counterbalance the effects of caffeine and excess glutamate.

Nerves are complicated, but it seems that is all there is to humanity. The management of nerves.

No comments :

Post a Comment