2026-09-20 at

Najib's Life and Times

I once had the opportunity to harm Najib, but decided that I didn't want to live as a fugitive, at the time. He sat near me at the upstairs Starbucks in KLCC, and I was quite surprised at how lax security was. It was some time after the Altanunya case, though I don't remember the year exactly - I guess he was DPM, though it might have been later. I had no personal ill-will against him as an individual, but he was known to be a risk to Malaysia.

I have written about it before, but current affairs bring it back to mind. One always wonders about what-ifs. Najib had been a controversial figure for a long time. I also thought about this throughout the period when Jho Low's NYC whaling was also in the news, and then later when individuals close to 1MDB started dying.

What if this, what if that. Life is full of complicated decisions. I am not particularly attached to Najib's punishment, as I tend to be more concerned with threat nullification than retribution. I hope he enjoys his house arrest, and stays out of trouble. 

No comments :

Post a Comment