2026-09-26 at

time done in commerce

I often reflect on the beginning of my adult career, from 2005 to 2023, where I observed commercial culture from bottom to top. I viewed my study of commerce as a focus on avoiding predictable outcomes, and targeting unpredictable systems for examination. 

When I began that project, I had already developed for several years the notion, and I still hold, that none of the following are particularly hard to understand.

- Managing people.
- Managing P&L.
- Managing technology.

But you will see that I spent many years in organisations that were not good at the sum of these things.

To be honest, I don't know if the time spent resulted in much learning. But I always had in mind that the least I would get from years observing other people, would be the track record of having done the time.

No comments :

Post a Comment