2023-10-10 at

Why I postponed physical conditioning from 2001 to 2022


The body is just insanely complicated. Most people just think it's simple because they are incredibly naive about the workflow between mind and body - they're gonna go, "huh, what workflow? I just think, and I move, and it's fun." Industrial robots "of class", have six joints, or axes, of movement. Do you have any idea how many joints are in the friggin human body? I still don't. And guess what ... just LOOK at the history of how the homo sapien body evolved, LOOK at the intermediate structures that we adapted through - look at the shapes of bones, the location of tendons, the proportions of muscles, the enervation topology ... and that's just the musculoskeletal aspects ... look at how muscles are implemented at the molecular level, how they are used, damaged, and rebuilt by different teams of cells running (sorry) around the body ... look at the number of signalling molecules, and their interspamming cascades of effect ... what we do know is crippled by the overwhelming bulk of what we do not know. 

Anyway, I wasn't going to just build a body without considering all of that. And now having gotten some professional priorities out of the way, I have more time to do just that ... I guess.

No comments :

Post a Comment